Frequently Asked Questions

Can I submit my application in hard copies?

Yes, you can submit your hard copy application to any of our campus site in any of the four states. Ensure your application form is filled out correctly and fully and all the required documents listed on the vacancy announcement are enclosed in your application packet.


I am not a citizen of the FSM or US. Can I still apply for a position?

Yes, you can apply from anywhere and you don’t need to be a citizen of the FSM or US. The college is an equal opportunity employer and hires based on the established minimum qualifications advertised for positions


Can I use the same application to apply for another position?

Yes, you can apply for more than one position but you must include the vacancy number and job title for all positions on the application form. Note that application packets are kept on file for one year only from submission date and if your application is older than one year, you will have to resubmit a new packet.


Do I have to have my foreign credentials equated?

Yes. All credentials from foreign colleges or universities must be equated prior to starting in a job. Foreign credential maybe accepted when mailed directly to the Human Resources Office from the evaluating agency and is accompanied with a credential evaluation report. A listing of authorized evaluators can be obtained at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)website at but our preferred choice is World Education Services

This website and all COM-FSM Internet based services are best viewed with Firefox 3.0 or better.
© Copyright 2020 College of Micronesia-FSM | Site Disclaimer
P. O. Box 159, Kolonia, Pohnpei, 96941 - (691) 320-2480
College of Micronesia-FSM is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges,
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 428 J Street., Suite 400 Sacramento, CA 95814, (415) 506-0234,
an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: