Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Quality Assurance (VPIEQA) is the individual providing leadership that supports the College of Micronesia-FSM goals and strategic plan for institutional effectiveness and quality. The VPIEQA provides leadership for and oversight of the Institutional Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)), and Information Technology (ITO). The VPIEQA is a key contributor to policy development and implementation related to accreditation and quality assurance and simultaneously serves as the college’s accreditation liaison officer (ALO).
Institutional Effectiveness & Quality Assurance assesses and supports the capacity and extent to which the college fulfills and maintains its mission; while fostering and embedding a college culture of sustainable continuous quality improvement and collaboration at all institutional levels. Leadership and guidance are provided to the college community to ensure accountability as accreditation and regulatory standards are understood and met, and/or exceeded at all times. At the core of effectiveness and ongoing quality improvement is a focus on student learning and student success.
Strategic goals for delivering its mission:
- Lead, monitor, evaluate, and implement all college planning processes with broad-based participation and robust, self-reflective constituent dialogue leading to a learning-centered community college.
- Lead, coordinate, and document systematic, ongoing assessment of all programs and student learning outcomes to inform changes necessary towards improving student learning.
- Generate comprehensive reports and communicate results of ongoing institutional assessments to inspire self-reflective constituent dialogue and ongoing quality improvement across the college.
- Develop and promote frameworks for research at all levels of the college.
- Communicate documented assessment results with quality assurance issues to relevant constituents to assure quality is maintained.
- Support institutional decision-making by providing timely quantitative and qualitative data to inform planning processes.
- Promote development of an evidence-based decision making culture for the college.
- Promote and enhance a college culture of collaboration.
- Ensure, through planning processes, institutional resources are allocated to support student learning.
- Lead and guide the college community to ensure accreditation eligibility requirements and standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Support student learning by providing quality IT services to students and the college community.
- Support institutional data through development and maintenance of a secure Student Information System (SIS) and integration of institutional support software.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and partnerships with community organizations, government agencies, state departments of education, and other entities involved with COM-FSM programs and services, as it relates to accreditation and quality assurance.
- Promote an informed community.