The Executive Committee operates through the authority of and reports to the President for approval. The purpose of the committee is to improve communication between all COM-FSM internal constituents, ensure experiential decision making, enhance team building and integration, and provide authentic and effective participatory governance. The committee will make decisions and/or recommendations to the President on matters relating to all COM-FSM internal constituents.
The members of the Executive Committee are:
- Chair of the Council of Chairs
- Chair of the Management Team
- Deans of all state campuses (Pohnpei, Yap, Chuuk and Kosrae)
- President of COM-FSM
- President of the Faculty Staff Senate
- President of the Student Body Association
- Vice President for Administrative Services
- Vice President for Cooperative Research and Extension
- Vice President for Instructional Affairs
- Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services
The President serves as chair. In his absence, the Acting President will serve as chair. The president’s office provides the secretary for all meetings. The secretary is a non-voting member.
Responsibilities of Executive Committee are:
- Ensure experiential decision making;
- Enhance team building and integration of components;
- Provide authentic participatory governance;
- Develop or revise COM-FSM policies and/or procedures assigned to or identified by the committee;
- Review policies made by the standing committees; and
- Create sub-committees to address relevant issues.