MS 150 Statistics | Quiz 01 | Name:
27 Aug 2004 | 19 Jan 2005 | 26 Aug 2005 | 20 Jan 2006 | 18 Aug 2006 |
19 Jan 2007 |
24 Aug 2007
| 18 January 2008
|Favorite color||Frequency f||Relative Frequency|
|Red ||6 ||7%|
|Gray ||3 ||3%|
|Pink ||5 ||5%|
|Brown ||4 ||4%|
|Sum (sample size):||91||100%|
- __________ The table on the right is a summary of the favorite colors for students in MS 150 Statistics summer, fall 2007 and spring 2008. Using this as a sample, estimate the percentage of students at the national campus (the population) who are likely to have blue as their favorite color.
- _______________ What level of measurement are the top twelve
names on college entrance test in descending rank order of popularity (number of test takers with that name):
[Jayleen (29), Jason (24), John (22), James (21), Michael (18), Jayson (18), Jessica (15), Joseph (14), Joyleen (14), Junior (14), Mayleen (14), Stephanie (14).]
- _______________ What level of measurement would be the following list of favorite meats: chicken, tuna, pork, chicken, reef fish, pork, beef?
- __________ What is your weight in pounds?
- __________ What percent of your body is fat?
- __________ How many pounds of fat are in your body? Multiply your weight in pounds by your percent body fat to determine the number of pounds of fat in your body. Remember to convert the percent body fat to a decimal - your pounds of body fat cannot be more than your total pounds!
- __________ Can you survive with zero pounds of fat in your body?
- ____________________ List a non-communicable disease that may result from too much body fat.
- Which fitness level does your body fat percentage place you in?
- ___ Essential fat only
- ___ Athletic
- ___ Physically fit
- ___ Acceptable
- ___ Overfat
- ___ Obese