MS 150 Statistics
27 August 2004 • Name: ___________________________________
- __________ What is your weight in pounds?
- __________ What percent of your body is fat?
- __________ Multiply your weight in pounds by your percent body fat to determine the number of pounds of fat in your body.
- __________ Can you survive with zero pounds of fat in your body?
- ____________________ List a potential medical consequence of an obese level of body fat.
- Which fitness level does your body fat percentage place you in?
- ___ Essential fat only
- ___ Athletic
- ___ Physically fit
- ___ Acceptable
- ___ Overfat
- ___ Obese
- The college nurse decides to research the average blood pressure for the youth in the FSM. The nurse obtains blood pressure data from 22 students at the national campus: 2 from Chuuk, 16 from Pohnpei, and 5 from Yap. The result is an average blood pressure of 123.9 systolic.
- ______________________________ What is the intended population?
- ______________________________ What is the sample?
- ______________________________ What is the variable?
- ______________________________ Is the variable quantitative or qualitative?
- What level of measurement is the variable?
- Comment on whether the sample is appropriate for the intended population including reason why it is appropriate OR reason why it is not appropriate.