MS 150 Statistics Test 01 Fall 2004
1 to 4: Matching: Levels of Measurement
|____ 1. Medals won by marathoners: Gold, silver, bronze.||A. Nominal|
|____ 2. Favorite sport: Running, surfing, volleyball||B. Ordinal|
|____ 3. Years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007||C. Interval|
|____ 4. Distances: 239m, 241m, 243m, 244m, 249m||D. Ratio|
The rest of the questions refer to the following data:
The PE 101j Joggling class performed sixteen measurements of the lap distance around the College of Micronesia-FSM FSM-China Friendship Sports Center. Their data is recorded in the table below.
Sport center laps in meters
laps in meters
- For the measurements of the lap distance:
_________ Determine the sample size n.
- _________ Determine the mode.
- _________ Determine the median.
- _________ Calculate the sample mean x.
- _________ Determine the minimum.
- _________ Determine the maximum.
- _________ Calculate the range.
- _________ Calculate the sample standard deviation sx.
- _________ Calculate the sample Coefficient of Variation.
- _________ Determine the class width. Use 5 bins (classes or intervals)
- Fill in the following table with the class upper limits in the first column, the frequencies in the second column, and the relative frequencies in the third column
|Bins||Frequency||Relative Frequency f/n|
- Sketch a histogram of the relative frequency data on the back of the paper.
- __________________ What is the shape of the distribution?
- The lap distance data gathered by the class represents sample statistics. What is the likely population value being sought?