MS 150 Statistics
16 January 2004 • Name: ___________________________________
- __________ What is your weight in pounds?
- __________ What percent of your body is fat?
- __________ Multiply your weight in pounds by your percent body fat to determine the number of pounds of fat in your body.
- __________ Can you survive with zero pounds of fat in your body?
- ____________________ List a potential medical consequence of an obese level of body fat.
- Which fitness level does your body fat percentage place you in?
- ___ Essential fat only
- ___ Athletic [-]
- ___ Physically fit [O]
- ___ Acceptable [O]
- ___ Overfat [+]
- ___ Obese [++]
- A student designs a survey to determine the opinion of youth in the FSM on the economic development needs of the nation. The student gives the survey to 80 students at the national campus: 20 from Chuuk, 20 from Kosrae, 20 from Pohnpei, and 20 from Yap.
- ______________________________ What is the intended population?
- ______________________________ What is the sample?
- Comment on whether the sample is appropriate for the intended population including reason why it is appropriate OR reason why it is not appropriate.