Statistics Quiz 04 Fall 2003 4.1
- __________ Kilafwa thinks he has a 33% probability of winning the COM-FSM/True Value 5K attached fun run and walk tomorrow morning. What type of probability is Kilafwa employing?
- __________ What is the probability of rolling a three on a six sided die?
- __________ What is the probability of rolling a three or a multiple of three on a twelve sided die numbered one to twelve?
- __________ What is the probability of obtaining a head OR a tail on a single flip of a single coin?
- __________ Sickle cell anemia is a blood disease that occurs among some people of African heritage. People with double recessive genes for sickle cell (cc) have the disease and suffer from a number of complications including kidney problems and they tend to die young. People with one dominant gene and one recessive gene (Cc) are carriers of the condition. Both double recessive and carriers are resistant to malaria, a deadly disease carried by mosquitoes in Africa. Double dominant people (CC) do not carry the disease and are otherwise healthy. They have no resistance to malaria, however, and they die at young ages from malaria. Thus both double dominants and double recessives tend to die young, the former from malaria and the later from sickle cell anemia. Mate a Cc "survivor" father with a Cc "survivor" mother.
- __________ What percent of their children are likely to be double dominant?
- __________ What percent of their children are likely to be double recessive?
- __________ What percent of their children are likely to be carriers?
- __________ What percent of their children are likely to die young?
- Use the following data for the next questions. These are the results of a survey of a sampel of 100 students at the College to determine what type of main lunch entree students at the College prefer. Fill in the blanks in the table.
|Lunch preference||Frequency||Relative Freq|
- __________ What is the probabilty students at the national campus prefer chicken?
- __________ What is the probability students at the national campus prefer fish: either reef fish or tuna?
- ____________________ What is your favorite main entree?
- ____________________ [Bonus point] What is the name of the baby on the only United States coin which has a baby on it?