SC 130 Physical Science Quiz Two • Name:
- ___________________ On Wednesday evening 23 January 2008, I ran 6.55 kilometers in 40 minutes 18 seconds. What was my speed in meters per second?
|Time (s)||avg A ball dist (m)||avg B ball dist (m)|
|0||0.00 ||0.00 |
|1||4.71 ||3.31 |
|2||7.97 ||5.70 |
| || || |
- ___________________ Does the above data confirm a hypothesis that time and distance are linearily related for a ball rolling on a level surface?
- Why does the above data confirm or disconfirm a hypothesis that time and distance are linearily related for a ball rolling on a level surface?
- ___________________ According the above data, which ball is faster, the A or the B ball?
- ___________________ What is the speed of the A ball in meters per second?
- ___________________ Using the above data, predict the distance the A ball would roll after 7 seconds.
- ___________________ Using the above data, predict the time it would take the A ball to roll 31.6 meters.
- ___________________ Will the ball obey your predictions above?
- Why, or why not, will the ball above obey your prediction? Use the back if you need more space.