t2 mx sb3 5.3 Statistics ⌨ Name:
The data provided in the table is the minimum recommended random access memory (RAM) for different computer operating
- _________ What level of measurement is the data?
- __________ Calculate the sample size n for the data.
- __________ Determine the minimum.
- __________ Determine the maximum.
- __________ Calculate the range.
- __________ Calculate the midrange.
- __________ Determine the mode.
- __________ Determine the median.
- __________ Calculate the sample mean x.
- __________ Calculate the standard deviation sx.
- __________ Calculate the sample coefficient of variation CV.
- __________ If this data were to be divided into four classes, what would be the width of a single class?
Determine the frequency and calculate the relative frequency using four classes.
Record your results in the table provided.
|Min RAM CUL (m)||Frequency (f)||Relative Frequency p(x)|
- Sketch a frequency histogram chart of the data anywhere it fits,
labeling your horizontal axis and vertical axis as appropriate.
- ____________________ What is the shape of the distribution?
- __________ Use the sample mean x and standard deviation sx
calculated above to determine the z-score for 2000 Mb.
- ____________________ Is the z-score for 2000 Mb an ordinary or unusual z-score?
There are 400 desktop computers on campus. 32 of those 400 run Lubuntu 11.04. What is the probability that a randomly selected desktop computer is running Lubuntu 11.04?
The table provides the minimum recommended random access memory requirement for Microsoft Windows operating systems since Windows 95.
Base year for the table is 1900. 1900 is year zero. 2000 is year 100.
|Operating system||Year [x]||Min RAM Mb [y]|
|Win 95 ||95 ||4 |
|Win 98 ||98 ||16 |
|Win Me ||100||32 |
|Win XP ||101||64 |
|Win Vista||106||512 |
|Win 7 ||109||1000|
_________ Calculate the sample size n.
- _________ Calculate the slope of the linear regression.
- _________ Calculate the y-intercept of the linear regression.
- _________ Is the relation between year and minimum RAM positive, negative, or neutral?
- _________ Calculate the correlation coefficient r for the data.
- ______________ Is the correlation none, weak/low, moderate, strong/high, or perfect?
- _________ Determine the coefficient of determination.
- _________ What percent in the variation in year "explains" the variation in minimum RAM?
- _________ Use the slope and intercept to predict the minimum RAM for Microsoft Windows 8 which is due for release next year (year 112)
- _________ Use the slope and intercept to predict the year in which the minimum RAM is projected to be 2000 Mb.
- _________ Microsoft Windows 8 has a minimum RAM requirement of 2000 Mb. Is this the amount of RAM you predicted number 27 above?
- _________ Is the year versus minimum RAM data linear or non-linear?
Produced and edited using SciTE from Scintilla