MS 150 Statistics q08 9.12 Will you be(bo) my friend revisited • Name:
The data is the number of friends reported by Bebo users.
- _________ Calculate the sample size n.
- _________ Calculate the sample mean x.
- _________ Calculate the sample standard deviation sx.
- _________ What is the point estimate for the population mean μ?
- _________ What is the point estimate for the population standard deviation σ?
- _________ Calculate the standard error for the mean SE.
- Calculate the 68.2% confidence interval for the population mean μ
p(__________ ≤ μ ≤ __________)= 0.682
- _________ Does the 68.2% confidence interval for the mean number of Bebo friends include 130 friends, the average number of friends for FaceBook users? For more information on the number of friends and the nature of those relationships refer to the article Maintained Relationships on Facebook.
If you do not use social media, skip the following!
Survey Update: How many friends do you have in...
- Bebo: _________
- FaceBook: _______
- MySpace: _______
- Ning: ______
- I do not use any of the four social media sites listed above: ____
Notes: Inside FaceBook reported that according to a HitWise analysis, FaceBook took the number lead position in number of visits to a web site in the United States for the week ending on 13 March.