MS 150 Statistics quiz 05 5.3 • Name:
Part I: Basic statistics, frequencies, histogram, z-scores, normal distribution.
The pedometer data in the table was gathered by the instructor between 20 January and 02 February 2008
- __________ What level of measurement is the data?
- __________ Find the sample size n for the data.
- __________ Find the median.
- __________ Find the mode.
- __________ Find the sample mean x.
- __________ Find the sample standard deviation sx.
- __________ Find the sample coefficient of variation CV.
- __________ If this data were to be divided into five bins, what would be the width of a single bin?
- Determine the frequency and calculate the relative frequency using five bins. Record your results in the table provided.
|Classes (x)||Frequency (f)||Relative Frequency|
- Sketch a frequency histogram chart on this paper.
- ____________________ What is the shape of the distribution?
- p(x < 4040) = ____________________ What is the probability I will walk 4040 steps or less per day?
- p(x > 9960) = ____________________ The goal of the 10000 step program is to walk 10000 steps per day. What is the probability that I will walk greater than 9960 steps or more per day?
- ____________________ What is the probability of rolling a five on a six-sided die numbered from one to six?
- ____________________ What is the probability of rolling an even number on a twelve-sided die number from one to twelve?