|SMS per day|
MS 150 Statistics quiz three • Name:
The table is a trimmed sample for the number of short message service (SMS) text messages sent per day by twenty-one students surveyed during the spring of 2008.
Helpful tip: Values equal to the class upper limit go into that class. That is, the class upper limit includes data "up to and including the class upper limit."
- __________ What is the level of measurement?
- __________ Find the sample size n.
- __________ Find the minimum.
- __________ Find the maximum.
- __________ Find the range.
- __________ If this data is divided into five classes, what is the width of a single class?
Determine the frequency and calculate the relative frequency using five classes.
Record your results in the table provided.
|SMS class upper limits||Frequency F||Relative Frequency p(x)|
- Sketch a frequency histogram of the data, labeling your horizontal axis and vertical axis as appropriate. Use the back of this sheet if necessary.
- __________ What is the shape of the histogram?
- __________ If you have a cell phone, about how many text messages do you send per day?
- __________ Do you Twitter?
- __________ Do you blog?
- __________ Do you have a MySpace, FaceBook, Bebo, or other social networking site? If yes, which one: _________________