MS 150 Statistics prequiz fall 2008 • Name:
Part I: Basic Statistics
On Thursday 08 November 2007 a jump rope contest was held at a local elementary school festival. Data for this prequiz derives from this contest. Contestants jumped with their feet together, a double-foot jump. The data seen in the table on the right is the number of jumps for ten female jumpers. Note that while the number of jumps data is discrete, treat the data as if it were continuous data. For the data in the table...
- _________ Determine the sample size n.
- _________ Determine the minimum.
- _________ Determine the maximum.
- _________ Calculate the range.
- _________ Calculate the midrange.
- _________ Determine the mode.
- _________ Determine the median.
- _________ Calculate the sample mean x.
- _________ Calculate the sample standard deviation sx.
- _________ Calculate the sample coefficient of variation.
Part II: Linear Regression (best fit or least squares line)
The following data was taken using a GPS unit while running in and around Kolonia
|Location||time (min) x||Distance (km) y|
- _________ Calculate the slope for the given data.
- _________ Calculate the y-intercept for the given data.
- _________ Predict how far I had run after 44 minutes.
- _________ Predict how long for me to run 5 kilometers based on the data given.