MS 150 Statistics test five • Name:
Part I: Basic statistics
The data in the table is a convenience sample research based on dormitory students at the national campus. Many dorm students tend to fail or withdraw their classes due to too many absences, tardiness, or failing tests. The opinion of the researcher who gathered the data, Angelina Ruethow, is that the main cause is a lack of sleep. Ms. Ruethow noticed that the dorm students spend considerable time watching television instead of studying. The data is reported to be the number of hours students spent watching television during weekdays and weekends in one semester.
- __________ Find the sample size n for the data.
- __________ Find the minimum.
- __________ Find the maximum.
- __________ Find the range.
- __________ Find the midrange.
- __________ Find the median.
- __________ Find the mode.
- __________ Find the sample mean x.
- __________ Find the sample standard deviation sx.
- __________ Find the sample coefficient of variation CV.
- __________ If this data were to be divided into five classes, what would be the width of a single class?
- ____________________ Use the sample mean x and standard deviation sx calculated above to determine the z-score for the student who watched 48 hours of television.
- ____________________ Is the z-score for 48 hours an ordinary or unusual z-score?
- __________ Find the standard error SE.
- __________ Find tcritical for a confidence level of 95%.
- __________ Find the margin of error E.
- Find the 95% confidence interval for the population mean number of hours of television watched by the students.
p(______________ ≤ μ ≤ ________________) = 0.95