Quiz 10 Review quiz •§• Name:
Ten kilometer fun walk fall 2003
Tomorrow, Saturday 05 may 2007, the college will host a 5k fun walk/run starting at Palm Terrace with a 7:00 starting gun. A year and a half ago in the fall of 2005 the college held a fun walk/run from the Palikir campus to Spanish wall. The data in the table is the time in minutes for some of the runners and walkers.
- _________ Determine the level of measurement of the data.
- _________ Determine the sample size n.
- _________ Determine the minimum.
- _________ Determine the maximum.
- _________ Determine the range.
- _________ Determine the mode.
- _________ Determine the median.
- _________ Determine the mean x.
- _________ Determine the standard deviation sx.
- _________ Determine the coefficient of variation.
- _________ Determine the bin width. Use 5 bins.
- Fill in the following table with the bin upper limits in the first column, the frequencies in the second column, and the relative frequencies in the third column.
|Bins||Frequency||Relative Frequency f/n|
- Sketch the relative frequency histogram.
- _________ What is the shape of the distribution?
- Calculate the 95% cconfidence interval for the population mean duration:
P( ___________ ≤ μ ≤ ___________ ) = 0.95
- _________ The college had last hosted a 10k in 1996. In 1996 the mean duration was 103 minutes (1.7 hours). Does our confidence interval include 103 minutes?
- Consider the following hypothesis test:
H0: μ = 103 minutes
H1: μ ≠ 103 minutes
Do we «fail to reject the null hypothesis» or «reject the null hypothesis»?
- _________ Determine the p-value.
Just for fun if you finish early: Lee Ling jogged and juggled the 10.329 kilometers from the college to spanish wall. Measurements done at the PICS track found that during a 2.73 minute lap, Lee Ling makes 69.5 cycles of the balls where one cycle is the return of the number one ball to the right hand. With three balls, the number of tosses per hand per 2.73 minutes is thrice 69.5 or 208.5 tosses per hand each and every 2.73 minutes. Use these numbers and his time of 73 minutes to estimate the number of tosses per hand from the college to spanish wall. _______________________
If Dana joggles tomorrow morning for 34 minutes during the 5k, how many tosses will he make per hand?
|Statistic or Parameter||Symbol||Equations||OpenOffice|
|Confidence interval statistics|
|Find a tc value from a confidence level c and sample size n
|Calculate a margin of error E for the sample mean
|Calculate a confidence interval for a population mean µ from
a sample mean x and an error tolerance E
||x − E ≤ µ
≤ x + E
|Relationship between confidence level c and alpha α for two-tailed tests
||1 − c = α||
|Calculate a t-statistic (t)
||=(x − μ)/(sx/SQRT(n))
|Calculate t-critical for a two-tailed test for a risk of a type I error alpha α
|Calculate a p-value from a t-statistic t