MS 150 Statistic Quiz 4 Fall 2004
The data in the table records the number of hours of television watched per week and the GPA for seventeen students.
|Hours of television||GPA|
- _______ Calculate the slope of the linear regression for the data.
- _______ Calculate the y-intercept of the linear regression.
- _______ Is the correlation positive or negative?
- _______ What is the predicted grade point average for a student who watches 18 hours of television per week?
- _______ What is the predicted number of hours of television watched by a student with a GPA of 2.0?
- _______ Calculate the linear correlation coefficient r for the data.
- _______ Is the correlation none, low, moderate, high, or perfect?
- _______ Calculate the coefficient of determination.
- _______ What percent of the variation in the hours of television accounts for the
variation in the GPA data?
- _______ What is the predicted number of hours of television watched by a student with a GPA of 0.5?