1000 live births
- _______ Calculate the slope of the least squares line for the data.
- _______ Calculate the y-intercept of the least squares line.
- _______ Is the correlation positive, negative, or neutral?
- _______ What is the expected infant mortality rate for a Pacific basin location with a
per capita income of 5000 dollars?
- _______ What is the expected per capita income for a Pacific basin location with an
infant mortality rate of 30?
- _______ Calculate the linear correlation coefficient r for the data.
- _______ Is the correlation none, low, moderate, high, or perfect?
- _______ Calculate the coefficient of determination.
- _______ What percent of the variation in the per capita income explains the
variation in the infant mortality data?
Sleeping babies then and now...