psb3 014 ☈ Name:
- The graph shows data gathered by a student in SC 130 physical science for the density of soap.
__________ What is the slope of the line without any units?
- ______________ What is the density ρ of the soap (include units!)?
- ______________ Will the soap float or sink?
- __________ A student measures a bar of soap with a length of 5 cm, a width of 3 cm, and a height of 2 cm. What is the volume of the soap?
- __________ A student measures a bar of soap with a length of 5 cm, a width of 3 cm, and a height of 2 cm. The soap has a mass of 36 grams. What is the density of the soap?
- ____________________ A student measures the length of a piece of soap using a ruler. Is the measurement a primary or calculated measurement?
- Why do you think the bar of soap knew what to do in the laboratory on Thursday when placed into the water?
- _____________ A bar of soap is found to have a density of 1.6 g/cm³. If the volume of the soap is 100 cm³, what is the mass of the soap?
- Plot the data provided on the graph below and draw a line through the points.
________________ Calculate the slope of the line.
- ________________ Write the units of the slope.
As seen in the image, three identical vials have equal amounts of a green liquid. Why are two floating and one has sunk to the bottom? Explain below.
mass m = (density ρ)×(Volume V)
V = lwh