SC 130 physical science sample final examination fall 2007
- Lab 01. ________________ A bar of Dial soap is 9.5 centimeters long, 5.5 centimeters wide, and 3.0 centimeters high. What is the volume of the bar of soap in cubic centimeters?
- Lab 02. ________________ A 97.0 gram superball traveled 70.0 cm in 0.20 seconds.
What is the speed?
- Lab 03. ________________ A 97.0 gram superball traveled 70.0 cm in 0.20 seconds.
What is the momentum?
- Lab 04. ________________ A golf ball falls 79.2 cm in 0.40 seconds. Use the formula
to determine the acceleration of gravity g.
- Lab 05. ________________ Is wood a conductor of heat?
- Lab 06. ________________ A superball is found to obey the linear equation bounce height = 0.85 * drop height. What will be the bounce height for a drop of 170 cm?
- Lab 07. ________________ What is the latitude of the college campus?
- Lab 08. Sketch a cumulus congestus cloud.
- Lab 09. ________________ Students who are 56.0 meters from a building bang two boards in synch with the bang board echo. 30 claps of the wood boards takes 9.60 seconds. What is the speed of sound in meters per second based on this experiment?
- Lab 10. How is the distance of an image behind a mirror related to the distance of the object in front of the mirror?
- Lab 13. When an acid was added to a hibiscus flowers, what was the general pattern of the color changes?
- Lab 14. How is the angle of reflection related to the angle of incidence for a light ray striking a mirror?
- Lab 15. What is site swap notation?
- 16. Short essay to be marked on a content +
[GVOC] rubric: What have you learned and what will you remember
about the nature of the physical world as a result of SC 130