Why trail running?
- Fresh air!
- Let someone know where you are going and how long you will be gone.
- Know your trails if at all possible or run with a guide.
- Better to run with someone.
- Stay together if you do run with someone.
- Greet people. Make sure they know you are coming up behind them.
- Women probably should not run alone in any deep forest in this day and age. There are dangerous animals called men.
- Apply coconut oil to your legs and arms to prevent scratches and cuts from razor grass, ferns, and other fauna.
- If you do sprain your ankle, walk to the nearest home.
- Watch out for rocks.
- Do not always look down: watch out for low hibiscus and other branches.
- Watch out for hidden downed logs in dense grass. Slow to a walk if you cannot see the trail.
- Clay is slippery: walk down wet clay trails.
- All rocks should be considered slippery.