Tuesday 16 September
On the Pwunso Botanic Garden field trip the class observed Coffea arabica.
- ____________________ What is the common name for Coffea arabica?
- ____________________ How is Coffea arabica consumed?
- ____________________ For what purpose is Coffea arabica used?
- ____________________ Is Coffea arabica addictive?
Tuesday 21 September
What is Ohigan?
Tuesday 28 September
Identify each feature below as to whether the feature belongs to monocots or dicots.
Thursday 30 September
At the Island Food Community community presentation the class learned the distinguishing characteristic that marks banana varieties high in the carotenoid precursors to vitamin A. What is the characteristic one should look for when seeking high carotenoid content bananas?
Tuesday 05 October
What was the intent and purpose of the Haruki community in Nanyo?
Thursday 07 October
What was the critical importance of maar for humans on Puluwat?
Thursday 12 October
You probably did not think you were signing up for SC/SS 15 Farming, so what is the point, if any, to the ethnobotanical garden?
Thursday 14 October
Vegetative morphology: For a leaf in the laboratory, sketch the leaf and correctly label the parts. Put your sketch on the back of a blank page.
Tuesday 19 October
- ____ Did you spend last night under a roof made from thatch?
- ____ Did you ride in canoe made from a tree to get to class?
- ____ Did you sleep on a pandanus mat last night?
- ____ Have you tattooed yourself?
- ____ Did you bring your lunch in a local basket woven from palm leaves?
- ____ Are you wearing clothes woven from local plants such as hibiscus or banana fiber?
- ____ When your skin is dry, do you use local coconut oil?
Thursday 21 October
Sketch both doakoahs en Pohnpei and doakoahs en Ruk depicting the differences in these two styles.
Tuesday 26, 28 October
Toughie: What is the local name in the outer islands of Yap for this important cultural object?
Tuesday 02 November
Floral morphology: For a flower in the laboratory, sketch the flower and correctly label the parts. Write the floral formula. Put your sketch and formula on the back of a blank page.
Thursday 04 November
- Give an example of a berry fruit:
- Give an example of a pepo fruit:
- Give an example of an aggregate fruit:
- Give an example of a multiple fruit: