Samples of the following plants are labeled with letters. Write the letter in the blank next to the correct name.
17. Use the space above to sketch a seedless vascular plant from the very first hike down into the "valley of the ferns." Label the sketch with the names of the parts of the plant. Provide the local name of the plant in your language and the name of the plant in Latin.
18. At the end of the term you will be asked to add one plant to the garden that is not already in the garden. What one plant would you add and WHY?
19. Mosses, ferns, and other "primitive" plants share some common features and needs in their reproductive cycles. What are those features/needs?
20. What would you recommend to improve the educational and traditional of the Pohnpei Traditional Plant garden?
21. For flowering plants, what three key features must be collected to make a correct botanic identification by latin binomial?
22. Describe a healing use of a plant. Use the back of the last page if you need the space. The catch: you cannot describe a use for the plant from your state, you must describe a use of a plant described by another member of the class who is from a different state. If you can recall, also include the name of the plant presented by that member of the class.
23. The palm-like tree above on the left has a cone at the very top center of the tree. What is the name of this tree in English? What is the Latin name for this tree?
24.What is the English name of the plant seen at the right above (see previous page if necessary)? What is the Latin name for this plant?
25. Use the samples in class to do the following matching of gymnosperm leaf types:
26. What is the name of the structure being pointed to in the above gymnosperm life cycle diagram?
27. Describe the life cycle of the typical conifer.
28. In the above image is Aireen pointing to monocots. What features characterize monocots? Name three monocots in English.