IS 201 CIS Fall 2002 Test One
- With reference to the above diagram, what is the role of the operating system kernel?
- With reference to the above diagram, what is the role of the hardware drivers?
- There is an error in the following HTML tag, what is the error?
<img src="http://shark.comfsm.fm/~dleeling/pohnpei/020814shanhead.jpg alt="Mosquitoes!">
- Circle the following terms that are actual computer terms:
- Which of the following is a measure of CPU speed?
- 64 Megabytes
- 28 bits per second
- 350 MegaHertz
- 512 Kilobytes
- 64 bit bus
- What does ALU stand for in a CPU diagram?
- __________ How many bytes is 512 bits?
- __________ How many bytes are in a megabyte?
- _____________ Which runs faster, the central processing unit or the system bus that connects to RAM and the hard drive?
- What is vertical market software?
- What does the a in the HTML hyperlink tag stand for?
- What does the img in the HTML picture tag stand for?
- There is a set of aluminum spikes on the top of the CPU, what is their function?
- Why does the computer have a small round battery inside?
- In the following tag set, what is the anchor that the user sees on the source web page and can then click upon?
<p><a href="http://www.drgreene.com/21_38.html"><img src="http://shark.comfsm.fm/~dleeling/pohnpei/020814shanhead.jpg" alt="Mosquitoes!"></a></p>