Quicky Quiz 9:
- What is the rhizosphere?
- What is an indigenous plant?
- What is allelopathy?
- Why is an invasive alien plant that grows well in the shade more dangerous than one that
only grows well in the sunshine?
- Why is Merremia peltata (iohl, puhlah), a vine that can smother shrubs and trees, not
considered a dangerous invasive by Bill Raynor?
- What is one way we can, on our own land, help ensure the survival of indigenous plants?
- What are some of the ways invasive alien plants introduced into the mountains?
- The two kalak trees we saw were referred to as "remnant" trees. What are
they a remnant of?
- Toughie: Who introduced ilangilang (sehr en wai) to Pohnpei?
- Toughie: Who introduced Wedelia trilobata (the little yellow sunflower that Bill works
on ripping out of his property)?
Botany home page
Lee Ling home
COM-FSM home page