Location collected: Dainy, Kolonia
Dated Collected: November 21, 1999
Collected by: Graham Henry
Identified by: Tomas Kubicek
- Genus Specie
- Family: Nyctaginaceae?
- English: Four o clock
- Pohnpeian: four o clock
- Growth form: shrub
- Growth location: terrestrial
- Growth environment: cultivated garden
- Growth zone: tropical
- Average height: 1 m
- Stem: woody, smooth, and easily break off
- Leaf arrangement: alternate
- Stipule: absent
- Petioles: .3-.8 cm.
- Leaf blade: simple, acuminate tip, smooth and light green, very thin, pinnate ventation,
ovate in shape, and margin is entire.
- Inflorescence: solitary
- Floral bracts: magenta
- Flower: rotational in corolla shape, 5 cm., light purple in color, trumpet shape
- Calyx: green in color, connected to ovary.
- Corolla: five light purple lobes fused together.
- Stamen: purple in color.
- Ovary: inferior
- Pistil: single reddish purple, facing perpendicularly to the corolla.
- Fruit: unknown
- Seed: black and round with a rough surface.
- Anything else: has a unique fragrance when flowers bloom
- Cultural usage: used in making mwar-mwars.
Botany home page
Lee Ling home
COM-FSM home page