- What is the primary mission of the Institute of Economic Botany?
- Explain how Dr. Balick met the goal of principal activity bullet list item number six.
- What is the central theme to Dr. Balick's work?
- Where does Dr. Balick like to "wander?"
- What year was Dr. Balick born?
- How many moss species of North America will the NYBG catalog by 2004?
- Name the gardens and plant collections at the New York Botanical Garden that are
described as including include tropical plants.
- How many species of ferns does the NYBG have in their collection?
- Find the Sarah Davis Smith Orchid Collection and look at the pictures of the orchids
there. Vote for the prettiest orchid by writing down its name.
- What room is recommended for weddings at the garden?
- What is the name of the place you would go in the garden in winter to see the plants of
Helpful first steps:
- Go to the New York Botanical Garden
- Click on the link marked "Research"
- Click on "Institute of Economic Botany"
- Read and learn about this Institute
- Click on the Back button on the browser
- Click on Staff Information
- Click on Biographical Information
- Click on Michael J. Balick
- Click on the back button until you return to the main research page
- Click on the Bryophyte Flora of North America project
- Click on the back button until to return to the main NYBG page.
Botany home page
Lee Ling home
COM-FSM home page